Slinger and Handler Training (Hiabs/overhead gantry/cranes)
- The aim of this course is to train delegates in the safe and effective use of overhead gantry cranes within a workplace environment.
- Operating the crane safely in accordance with the manufacturers handbook.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the concepts set out in the Approved Codes of Practice.
- Demonstrate a competent understanding of the cranes controls.
- Demonstrate a competent understanding & proper use of the lifting tackle.
- Estimate / Determine the weight of loads / Centre of gravity.
- Use appropriate crane signals and communications.
- Types of lifting tackle and their applications.
- Methods of slinging and lifting as well as an appreciation for the angles of a lift.
- Isolating faulty equipment / Procedures for fault reporting.
- Methods to protect loads from damage.
- Attaching lifting equipment to slings.
- How to plan a lift.
- Practical ability & skills.
- Methods of Assessment.
- Practical Test.
- Written Test.